Monday, October 15, 2012

Brinjal, Korean Style

I am in love love love with Korean food. Absolutely loveat!
And so, I started to read and test on Korean recipes.

My latest experiment on Korean cooking is Brinjal. My FAV!
A.k.a eggplant or aubergine, name it however you like. The purple and slimy vege as my brother would describe it. HAHA!


Tadaa! This is it. It's very easy to prepare, brinjal was the only thing I bought and the rest were those must have at home. My hot pepper powder is a Korean brand because I bought a big big packet for my Kimchi. This dish is very healthy I can say, almost oil-less and of course very healthy.


Yield: 2 person
Source: Maangchi

You need: 
2 brinjals (app. 10cm each)
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp hot pepper powder (substitute with crushed red pepper or chili flakes)
2 tsp roasted sesame
2 tsp spring onion
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp soy sauce

1. Half brinjal and steam it until you can easily poke it through with chopstick (app 5 minutes). 
2. Chop garlic and spring onion. 
3. Put everything except brinjal into a bowl and mix well.
4. Tear soften brinjal into strips (or cut it if you like) and mix into 3.






*Feel free to adjust the taste, if you like it to be salty, sprinkle some salt on brinjal before steaming.
*Korean sesame oil is milder than the Chinese one's.
*Do not over steam brinjal, it will make this dish watery as it releases liquid.
*Use 'young' brinjal here as it has lesser seeds.


~Enjoy~~~
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment